Monday, June 9, 2008

Time Out

When doing a photo shoot I like to always be aware of my surroundings and watchful for a quick time out shot as I move from place to place. Such was the case this weekend as I photographed a wedding and a family on separate occasions. The flowers were at the Salt Lake Temple and we were there with 73 other photographers (in other words there were 73 other weddings) and so there were times that we would have to wait for another photographer to finish in a setting before we were able to move in and take our images. It is sometimes frustrating having to wait so I have learned to take time outs as needed, and let my bride know why of course, so that I can at least feel like I am accomplishing something anyway. The images I will often use to make composites of the bride and groom later so they really are not a waste of time or pixels.


Then these next two images are the same image but with photoshop variations added to the second. I took this one and liked what I saw in the camera's display so we then moved the family to the lawn area just in front of the trees and did a family picture there. I had already taken the group shots in another location but did it again when I saw this scene. I think it will actually be the one I use in the final image. I could have just not noticed but I have found again through experience to never count out a shot or possible shot until you have parted ways with the client. You never know how the daylight may change in your favor as time goes on during you session.

2 comments:

Marsha said...

Great shots. You really have an amazing eye-and your're great with photoshop too.

Leesa said...

These pictures are so breathtaking. Where are they taken? They remind me of the hill behind the Manti Temple.