Wednesday, June 11, 2008

WOW! I Thought it might and Yet

I had arranged a photo bridal shoot last week for yesterday after the weather had prevented us from doing it then. And wouldn't you know it the weather started turning bad a little after noon and I was worried we might not be able to do it again but I knew we had to since the forecast was even worse for the next two days and she would be leaving for Oregon the third day. It just had to be done that night. Well I can do them inside but she wanted them outside which is where I also prefer to do them so we just went with it. She arrived and the wind was blowing and my wonderful assistant (my wife) kept saying we just can't do them in this wind and I said we will just have to try and then do some inside as well.
We went out and the wind was blowing but it sure made for some neat wind blown looks and so we did several and then went in and did some more. I had noticed however before we went in that I would need to watch the window because it was looking like there could be a beautiful sunset and I would want to do some with it as well. She had also forgotten her flowers so we did these pictures while her sister went back for them and just as her sister was getting back we were ready to go back out. I did a few in my yard with the sun in the background but knew I still had some time left so we went to a home not far from us where a very generous family has allowed us to take pictures now for several years. (He loves flowers and landscaping and so it is a beautiful place to work with brides and families.) Well the following are some of the images we were able to do when the sun started to get in the right position.
These first three are the same image only I have adjusted them to make one I felt might be better. The first image is the original image as shot,
This second one is adjusted with the levels control so that she would show up better but then it made the sunset wash out a little more than I wanted so I did a third one with three layers and then adjusted the second layer to show this amount of brightness.
I then masked out the second layer only bringing back the bride , her dress and the veil. It made her lighter while keeping the color that I wanted in the sunset.  All three images could stand alone and be beautiful but since photoshop is available why not do some adjusting as we use to do in the darkroom.
Here is one where the wind helped in moving the veil around for me. I liked how it helped.
Now below are some of those shots I have talked about when I said to take a time out. These were some of the images I was able to capture of the sunset that really did turn out to be beautiful. (Despite the wind making the grass a little more blurred than I wanted.) You will see some differences in them since I also did some LAB color adjustments to some. You decide which ones you like the best. By now you probably know I like to leave the final choice up to the viewer.






No comments: