Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random Trunks

Remember my story about picking a subject and then doing a series of images on that thing. Well I get off on different ones and sometimes they are pretty random such as the ones today. However to justify myself in these random, (and somewhat meaningless I suppose to some people), subjects that I pick I just need to let you know that I find beauty in a lot of things and it only requires looking a little closer or pondering about what might have led to the image even being possible. 
You see this trunk(pictured above) told me there was a beaver nearby and I hoped I would get to see it. Little did I know it would have a close encounter with a swan only a few minutes later that would end up not only letting me photograph it but also giving me some interesting blog material that I least expected..
Then there is this trunk that you see above here. Why was it cut down, or was it dead before it was cut down, or how old was it and what types of winters had it experienced? All types of questions that I sometimes think about as I photograph different things, I know it's kind of strange but sometimes I really would like to know the history associated with things in the past. (Did a bear ever walk past the tree or a deer rub off the velvet of it's horn on it's trunk? You see I can come up with all sorts of questions.) Bet you can too.
Then sometimes I take pictures just to use in instructing others. Can you guess what instructions might come from an image like this? Well I am a scouter and have started a lot of campfires using a little bark from a tree like this. They are not trees that grow everywhere so the instruction to scouts is much clearer when they can actually see what the bark might look like on the proper tree and thus know if that tree is even around to use.
Then last of all is this image. I took it simply because I liked the lighting that had been placed by the owner to light it at night. However when I looked at it later I could imagine at Halloween and turned upside down that it could be something totally different, like the walking trees often portrayed in movies. I'll leave it to your imagination for whatever else you might see in this tree or image.  (Use a whole bunch of imagination and you might almost see an elephant walking by you, and now I really have you wondering about my sanity.) Have fun with images and a whole new world will open up to you (and might even keep you from going insane).

1 comment:

Leesa said...

You are not only sane, but talented and dedicated as well!