Monday, June 2, 2008

There is a season, be aware

I love to photograph flowers and it seems as though there is always a season with some flower blooming at about any given time. Even in the winter there are the Christmas Catus plants that produce very beautiful flowers it's just too bad that I can't grow them as well as I can photograph them or I would add some images of them as well. Here though is a flower that I have loved all of my life and probably due to the fact that my mother loved them and held them as her favorite flower. (If you could say that she had a favorite flower that is since she seemed to love all kinds.

So last Thursday morning I got into a bad "I gotta photograph mood" so while waiting for time to pass when I would need to leave for Duchesne to photograph the senior class I decided to do some quick shots around my yard and catch the flowers, that were just starting to bloom, with the early morning sunshine both on one side and on the other. These images are the results and you can pick which way that you like them the best.



Here is my favorite (below) with the light coming through from the side and the green orchard grass highlighted with yellow sunlight blurred out in the background.So always be aware of the seasons and track them so you know when to go looking for the perfect flower to photograph, no matter who's favorite one it might be. It just may end up being your favorite.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

More great Iris shots. I love them. As you might tell I am scrolling down and commenting on the way.