Thursday, June 5, 2008

Beauty in a rainstrom

Yesterday I was booked to shoot bridals but due to the rainstorm, which is unusual for this area, we rescheduled the shoot. So when I got home and it was raining I decided to go do some of the flowers around my home instead. I recently watched a video, produced I believe by Photovision, where the photographer talked about how he loved the rain and the clouds because they created so many diverse photography opportunities. I have always loved that as well even though you can fake a rainstorm by adding a little water sprayer bottle to your list of camera equipment and then shading the flowers so it looks like the even light of a cloudy day. However that method lacks the authenticity (and ease) of shooting on a truly rainy day. It just doesn't feel the same either since you are not getting wet while doing the shoot. It is fun though and so for several minutes I wandered around the yard in the rain and took the following images. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did in taking them.



2 comments:

Marsha said...

The blue iris is beautiful. I love it. That was Dad's favorite flower so I have always had a thing for them. Great picture. I have not been on the blogs for a while because my computer was getting repaired - so I thought I'd say I love all the pics on your blog right now.

Leesa said...

These are wonderful!!! I love flowers. Yours are so close and so clear that I can almost smell them.