Monday, May 5, 2008

A little blast from the past

I was looking quickly through some of the images that I have recently been backing up to a hard drive after discovering that my CD's are going bad. (I have found that the run of the mill CD will last about 5 years and then you will start having problems reading them. So I have been in the long process of copying all of my backup CD and DVD storage to 500 gig hard drives. They could fail also but at least I will then have two possible bad backup copies. Technology is great isn't it.) Anyway I found this image taken in 1973 or 4. It was while I was in Texas and the apartment we were in had pretty poor insulation but excellent circulation. We could stand outside of this little shack in Midland and look through to the other side of the two bedroom place without using the windows.  Typically it wasn't a problem but during this winter it was and this was an image taken one morning after I got up and crawled out from under all of my extra clothes that I was using as a blanket each night. The frost IS on the inside not outside. 
No technical stuff today with this image just being thankful I have a good home with good insulation and spring trying to come with fantastic weather like we had yesterday. It was warm but not too warm with a slight breeze, not a heavy one, that was cool and not cold. Could have sat out and enjoyed that for hours.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

I was having a hard time telling exactly what that picture was. It looked like a sheet of water, but the figure in front of the water was unclear to me. Now it makes perfect sense. Brrrr!