Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Eye on the rear view mirror

OK another "be alert" type blog. My family had traveled to Arizona one year and from that trip came this photo that has been one of my all time favorite. The lighting isn't the best but that seems to be what makes it fun. We traveled to Arizona by way of Las Vegas and then returned through Monument Valley to Utah. It was getting well into the afternoon as we were coming across the park when I looked in my rear view mirror and saw this scene. I stopped the car and took the picture. That simple but had I not been driving I would probably never have noticed it. So I guess two things can be learned here. One, always be alert when you are driving and second, if you are not the driver ask that person to watch for something pretty as well, you may end up helping them develop a talent also. 
I have often driven this road since that time and have even wondered where it was taken, until the last time we came across the park in the afternoon and I found it again in my rear view mirror. I had always thought I was looking North when I took the picture originally, yes that tells how observant I can be as well, but instead found I had been looking Southwest toward the sunset. I could easily find the same spot now but it would still depend greatly on Mother Nature as to whether I could replicate the image or not. I think next time though I would walk into the middle of the road before I snapped the picture.
Not really any technical data other than I did apply LAB color to this photo and it seemed to bring out some of the more subtle colors.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Beautiful scenery and beautiful shot. . I enjoy your site immensely.