Thursday, May 8, 2008

A look from on top

These shots were taken through the window of an airplane as I was returning to Salt Lake City, Utah from Dallas, Texas. It was fun for me since I don't fly a lot to recognize areas in Utah of which I am familiar after flying for hours over land where I could only guess where I might be located. The following images were of the Kennecot Open Pit mine near Salt Lake City. (Actually I could be wrong so if anyone knows better I would gladly stand corrected.) I had visited this site as a young man but never seen it from the air and was amazed at how huge it was but of course it was a lot bigger on this trip than when I was there around 40 years earlier.


I can't explain why the colors were so rich in these images other than maybe it had something to do with the windows of the plane. I didn't even saturate them but maybe should have desaturated a little.

No comments: