Saturday, November 22, 2008

A LITTLE HDR AT THE ART SHOW

HDR is a process where over exposed to underexposed photographs are merged into one image so the information of lights and darks can all be seen a little better. After the Art Show ended last night I took my camera and placed it on the top of my car and took this series of 5 shots changing the aperture each time so that I went from an image where I had enough information to show the fence even though the barn was blown out to as little information as was needed to expose the front of the barn correctly. Because I didn't have my camera on a tripod there was a slight variance in the positioning of the camera so I got a little more double exposure effect than I would had the camera been kept in the exact same spot.




This last image is the HDR version where the five previous images have been combined. I think it worked pretty good considering I didn't have my tripod. The web version doesn't show up as well as the larger version but it gets the idea across.

No comments: