Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wild cat.

Early this spring I stepped into an old camper that we have in our yard where I store some of the yard supplies. I heard a low growling sound coming from under an old tarp and then was able to finally focus on a mother cat with 3 kittens. I did my business with as little interference as possible to the family and left. For the rest of the summer I have watched as these three kittens have grown and are just as wild as their mother. There was a yellow one (was accidentally killed by a car this fall), a gray one and a black one. I see them more often now as the weather is getting cold and food scarce. In fact I have began to leave food for them and the mother, still very wild and scared of me, will almost come up to me as she asks for food. I have yet to get good pictures of them but last weekend when our son and their little dog was visiting I couldn't resist getting the camera after the dog had chased the smallest of the kittens into the tree. It is a cute little cat but still very wild as far as I am concerned. I can see the wild in it's eyes and don't know that it will ever come to me and I will probably never try to get it to since I like wild cats that can help take care of mice around my yard.

No comments: