Thursday, October 30, 2008

THEY ALL LEAD TO SOMETHING

I have been searching through my CD's for a friend to give him some pictures that I took about 5 years ago. In fact, it was the second day that I had my first digital camera the Canon 10D. (I was on my way to a wedding that I would photograph that weekend and knew I had enough time, in fact had planned for enough time, to go and take a few pictures.) I knew that I had them but it wasn't until I had gone through all of my CD's and DVD's and finally turned to the 13 spindles full of spare CD's that I found them when going through the 6th spindle. In other words I had kind of sorted through 599 CD's when I found that they were in my first batch of 100 but I had started with #6 knowing they couldn't be any earlier than that. I was glad I found them and so I decided to put a few on my blog and save the rest for my Good Morning images.

So I started this blog with the title "They All Lead To Something", knowing that I had planned to put some pictures of trails on my blog first. Those of you who have been here may instantly recognize where this is leading you but for the rest of you I'll just leave you in suspense. (Ya right, not a whole lot of suspense in pictures of trails unless they are along the side of a cliff.)
These were all part of the same trail though and I photographed most of them after I had been to the end of the trail and was returning to the car. I get things backwards like that quite often.

I decided that day though that I had the ability with the new camera to take hundreds of more pictures of this place than I could have had I used film and I also felt like the trail to this scene was as much a part of the scene as the scene  itself. I mean what is life if you don't enjoy the journey and this trail represents a journey of sorts for all of us.

Parts of this journey led fairly close to the edge of the cliff you might say (and there is the suspense) but yet by staying directly on it I felt absolutely no fear and I am the kind of a guy that does not live on the edge so it was a good feeling for me not to fear.

Well if you haven't figured it out yet from the little glimpses of the future that you can see from the trail then in the next image it should be very obvious where this trail is located.




It is at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon in Arizona. What a magnificent view but I couldn't have had it had I not traveled that trail. 

Enjoy the view. Of course this is only a small part of what can actually be seen at the North Rim but it still gives a feel for the open spaces that it occupies.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Those are really beautiful pictures of the canyon. How many pictures do you think you have taken in your life by now, a million maybe?