Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I do actually accomplish other things.

I do a lot of photography but on occasion I do accomplish other things as well. Since we had a new lawn mower (my other ones are all raised and gone so I had to get one old folks could use) I had to have a place to store it during the bulk of the year when it isn't used. And I also needed a better place than under a blue tarp to store the four wheeler that my father-in-law gave to me. (Last year it was stored under a blue tarp and the year before that in the back of my large van that I was driving to work at the time.) So last saturday I had help from three of my sons and a fourth one in spirit who would have been helping except he was studying dentistry in Colorado This post is actually for him since he wanted to see it. So there you have my full saturdays project. 2 and a half hours of it was trying to figure out a 3-12 slope for the roof when attaching it to an existing roof with a 10-12 slope. My 9th grade geometry has slipped a little over the years. I almost finished it saturday but had to go back Tuesday and tonight to finish putting the shingles on the roof. Now it is almost done. I just have to get a tarp to put down in the front and some expanding foam to seal the cracks on the side.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to shabby if I do say so myself! Nice roof color - I thought it was snow on there...

Marsha said...

It's nice to see the finished product. Good job Poulson boys.