Saturday, April 19, 2008

Advantage of Provo Craft Shutdown

So We were having a meeting with the President of Provo Craft yesterday. It started at 9 am and was going along pretty good when we heard a loud bang behind the room. One lady was standing against the wall and was at the front of the room in less time than it took to turn and look back to see what had happened. Several of the managers including the President went out to see what had happened. About 5 to 7 minutes later they came back and reported that they couldn't find anything that might be a problem. So the President picked up from where he was and started the meeting again only to hear the same type of noise again only further east of the room this time. It sounded like someone had dropped a pallet of something on the floor yet it was too loud for that and the un-nerving part was not so much the sound as the fact that the entire room shook as well. I had thoughts that maybe it was due to a small earthquake but that didn't seem a bit feasible since it ended so quickly. Well the meeting kept going for a couple more minutes before one of the men came back in the room and announced that there was a heavy smell of gas coming from the storage area down stairs from where we were. So there was an immeadiate evacuation of the warehouse at that point. Well we went across the street to the holding place and accounted for everyone and waited. We could soon hear the sirens and soon three fire engines, one incident control vehicle, one ambulance, one police truck and a couple of other vehicles arrived to check everything out. We in the meantime were all very glad that it was sunny and somewhat warm as we stood outside for the next hour and a half. At one point the crews came out and said that they couldn't find anything so the plant manager told them to go back in and look again. Later there was still nothing found so the President announced that we would soon be allowed to go back in for 10 minutes to get our personal items and then go home for the weekend. It was now nearly 11:30 AM. It was still another 15 or so minutes though before the all clear was given but in the meantime the plant manager told us that the President had recinded his offer. We all went "Right" and only a few people believed him. The all clear was soon given and we went in to get things and then left. I personally went into the room where the gas had apparently been smelled because one of our people had to go in there to get her things as that is where her area of work is located. I couldn't smell the gas but she apparently was quite aware of it so I was glad to soon leave and go home. It would have been much nicer to go home but Marie had gone to Roy to babysit Hallie that morning so Hayden could go do some studying for finals. So I just came home and went to work on completeing some dance collages that I still had to complete for the Turning Point Dance Studios. (85 young girls and their teams yearly dance pictures.)
Well I had them mostly finished but was getting a real itch to go and do some photographing in the yard. I didn't know what I would photograph but there had to be something out there worth getting me out of the house for a few minutes at least. I did find something and it only took a few minutes to do so. Marie's flowers near the road were in bloom and I played around with some closeup lens and took 40 or 50 pictures and then started to walk around the yard. The apricot trees were in full bloom in the orchard so I walked out there to get some pictures of the blossoms only to find hundreds of bees and that was pretty exciting. I started to take some pictures of them and as I moved around the tree I was pleasantly surprised to find that there were also some butterflies on some of the blossoms of the second tree. They seemed easier to actually photograph than the bees since they would stay on one blossom for an extended length of time. So the image that I am including today is not of the bees or the flowers (or the birds I took pictures of also) but will be one of the ones of the butterfly. The others may come later after I go through them and see if there are some that I like.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That is really a cool picture!

Jenn said...

That is beautiful!

Genny said...

That is a beautiful picture!

I remember once the water main broke at our high school and we all got to go home. That was a great day!

Leesa said...

This butterfly photo is as gorgeous as the bee picture. I will have to use it for my desktop after I have enjoyed the bee for awhile. That is permitted isn't it? Your photography just keeps getting better. I can't believe how far behind our season is from the rest of the land. You already have flowers and your trees are blossoming. I have one little Japanese Iris that was blooming, until our blizzard and four inches of snow killed it, and yesterday I found two little yellow pansies. But my tulips are far from opening and there are only tight little leaf buds on the trees. Crazy! But I still LOVE Idaho! Judy Potter wrote just this morning about all the blooming bushes and flowers in her Michigan yard. Is Idaho even colder and slower than Michigan? I guess so.

Kent Poulson said...

Yes, I give permission for you to put it on your desktop. Now if I were not the photographer then I really wouldn't be able to even post it on my blog. An image belongs by law to the person who clicked the shutter and they have to give permission to post them but if ithe image is of a model then the photographer has to have a model release to even post it himself. (And that doesn't mean a professional model, it is any person of whom the image is taken.) So much fun.

Alma said...

Love this one! You have an incredible talent, but then we all knew that a long time ago!