Thursday, April 17, 2008

April 17, 2008



After reading through Scott Kelby's 7 Point book for Photoshop I decided to try an image of my own. I had worked all through the 21 images that he used and then found this one from my trip to Oregon in Dec of 2007. It was an OK picture but not one that I would really share because it just didn't seem to have any pop to it. So I worked through the image following the recipe that had been given in Scott's book for one of the images. I lightened some of the areas and added LAB color to it and then detailed parts of it. I was learning to use "masks" and having a great time. Well I think the outcome made the image much more enjoyable and I felt a lot more like sharing it. I liked how the walkway came alive with the golden glow of the sun and how the image became what I remembered seeing when I originally pushed the shutter of my camera. You can decide which version you like because I will put both of the on so you can see the differences.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I like the revised one the best. It is really amazing the difference in the two.

kiddle97 said...

That's hard. I like them both, for different reasons. The bottom, because of the drama of the colors, like you say. However, I like the top picture for the sense of calm it gave me when I first saw it. Good work either way.

Leesa said...

I liked the revised photo best, but enjoyed the first one also. I wish I had your magic touch with photography. Most of my attempts at important pictures, such as grandchildren and more grandchildren, turn out blurry or they move right when I take the picture, and I miss the great moment. It must be my camera's fault. (: