Monday, April 21, 2008

Continuing Friday photo fun


OK so I said Saturday that I might include more of the photos that I had taken of the apricot blossoms with the butterfly and the bees. Well today's image is one with a bee in flight. I determined through my very precise method of photographing the bees that day that they were extremely active and thus very hard to catch the way that I wanted to do it. I wanted a bee just a very short distance from the blossom so that it would appear to hover near the tree. Wow I must have tried 100 times and finally got this one. Bees are very active and somehow collect huge loads that they put on their legs so quickly that I had a very hard time catching them where I wanted them. Well that is basically the lesson in photography that is extremely hard to learn for most people. I have always taken a lot of images of the same thing and back in the film days that got to be rather expensive. In the digital world though it is no more expensive than the first one until it comes to taking the time to go through them but that was something that had to be done in the negative world of film as well and with Photoshops Bridge application it is very easy to see multiple images at one time making it easy to even see just the one that you want. There is one problem there too however and that is I have always liked to keep everything that I shoot because I have found that with the different personalities that surround my life that there are just as many varying opinions about my images and which one a particular person would pick. (That happens more often with images of the person though than images of nature. Why is it we are so particular with what we look like in a picture?) Well just in case you didn't catch my humor in the statement of "my very precise method of photographing" I hope you will learn that the more images that you take will produce a much higher chance of getting at least one real good one. I am still searching through the birds and the bees (and the butterflies and flowers) to find the perfect one from Friday's shoot.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

I must still know my little brother pretty well, as I immediately caught the humor. You are still humble after all!
I love this picture. I put it on as my desktop because it is so springy! If that isn't a word, it should be! We had Alec over for a sleepover last weekend, and we were plagued with bees when we went outside to play. It must have been the lack of blossoms to catch and keep their attention. They had to come after us. And in answer to your question about picky people when it comes to pictures: we just want the world to see us the way we feel inside. I feel beautiful inside, I really do, (most of the time), but it is a shock to look in the mirror and discover that I am not beautiful, just plain Leesa. And photographs are even worse because they usually catch the side view, and I have no desire to be seen from the side. Oh no! If I have one vain wish, it is that I had been born with an Audrey Hepburn, swanlike graceful long neck. But wow is me, I was born with the neck of a frog instead.