Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Another Panorama with Photoshops help

Here is a collection of images that I took on purpose to be able to create a panoramic view of Dead Horse Point in Southern, Utah. Had I taken the proper time I would have put the camera on a tripod but then the last image shows that anyone can take images for a panorama even without a tripod. I stitched these images together with Adobe Photoshop CS4. I then tok the final image and converted it to LAB color mode and made a couple of enhancements then converted it back to and RGB jpg file. Images are in order (I hope) from my right to left as I photographed the area. I did have to add a little to the final image to fill in a couple of empty areas created in the final stitching. In the second and third images you can see the storm that was coming quickly our way. Look carefully and you can see the overlap in between the images that allows photoshop to stitch the images together.
Did you see the two people near the edge of the canyon in the above photo? They appear as a white dot in the middle right of the image.






Can you see the truck on the road in these two images that gives a little perspective to the depth of the canyon.

2 comments:

Leesa said...

Those were great shots of Deadhorse Point. I love that place. We have many fond memories of trips there while we were living in Moab. The countryside around Moab made living there fabulous. We got to see some gorgeous sights. You should take a trip to Arches and photograph the scenery there.

Meg said...

That is awesome!