Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More from "There is nothing to photograph"

You might be saying "Enough already " but I plan to put several more images from that Saturday morning in the cold snow shoot into future blogs. One lady asked me the other day about the images that I email every day to 196 people if I go out and shoot them each day or how I come up with enough photos to keep sending a new one each time. I told her that they come from days like this shoot when I go out and do 300 to 400 images at a time. I don't ever send all of them (even rarely more than just a few of them) but I do use them. I always keep my camera with me when I can so that if a moment presents itself I can take more. It doesn't matter either where you are because you can always find something. I need to do this same shot four times a year. Actually I probably have.



Another one of my favorite subjects is part of the Wasatch range of mountains in my back yard to the north.



And this is my favorite mountain that I have taken hundreds of pictures of over my 34 years of living in it's shadow. It is due East of me. I even have several hundred images of the two major times that it has been on fire over the last 15 years or so.



Another one that I have pictures of during the four seasons. I love to photograph it because I know that I won't have to be wringing out the clothes every Saturday morning as I did many times during my youth. I would much rather take pictures of it when compared to having help Mother do the Saturday wash in it.


Finally my trees. I planted them about 18 years ago and have photographed them regularly as they have been growing up into mighty trees. They hold a lot of memories of kids jumping over them in the dark while playing Night Games to watching me watching them grow.

No comments: