Friday, August 8, 2008

More STITCHING, guess I am stuck on that right now

I was having lunch outside the building where I work and watched some very beautiful clouds as they constantly were changing their form. At one point I could see three dogs of various types in one of the large clouds. SO I decided to go take a few pictures of the formation as it was as lunch time was nearing an end. I had my telephoto lens attached so the whole landscape could not fit into one frame but I wanted to try some stitching with them anyway so I shot several sequences of images to see what I could get. The best one resulted in a file that was 611 megapixels. If that were just one image in Raw it would have meant that I had at least a 3 or 4 hundred meg sensor in the camera. It took a long time to process as well but it was fun. I had detail in that panorama that I could never have captured had I shot it with a smaller lens as only one image. Of course after I reduced the size to be small enough for the blog one would never be able to tell the detail of which I am speaking. Here they are:



No comments: