Friday, October 1, 2021

Nine Mile Canyon-Utah-Natural Rock Formations

I often think that mother nature 
does a pretty cool job of decorating 
landscapes with rocks and plants.
Below are the images that I took also in 
the canyon while traveling through it.



I wonder if this is from bats?






Faces often appear in these pieces of art.













A pigs snout?


Side profile of a tight lipped face?































Another visitor (from Texas) loved 
to photograph like I do and asked if 
I had taken a picture of the Mummy Rock?
I said that I hadn't seen one labeled like that 
and didn't know what he was referring to so 
then he showed me a picture of it and I 
was able to quickly scroll through my images
and find the same rock formation that he was asking about.
I didn't see the mummy until he asked me if 
I had photographed it and then looking at it I could see why he 
referred to it with that name.
Do you agree?







A dog?



















Damage from the flood at the Great Hunt 
and Big Buffalo panels.








It was fairly significant.

More of natures color schemes


I have recently been studying a work 
that says these canyons were not created over 
billions of years of erosion but rather a flood
that happened in a rather short amount of time 
then added to with further erosion 
over the last few thousand years not millions of years.
I now look at these canyons in a whole different 
perspective.
So what did happen to make
the great lake that covered a lot of Utah 
disappear and could these canyons all have been 
carved in a matter of a few minutes of hours?

Or did it have anything to do with the flood that 
covered the earth 
in Noah's time.

Think about it!


 

No comments: