Friday, October 1, 2021

Nine Mile Canyon-Utah-1st stop petroglyphs

I grew up in a small town near this canyon 
but as a youth only ever went to it, and only part way 
through it, once.

So  I have wanted to travel through it many times 
since then and this is the first time that I have been able to do it.

So these were taken at the obvious "First Site"
Many of the same petroglyphs are 
done through out the canyon.
I wish I knew more about them
but they were fun to see.

I don't know the significance of the dots
but it reminded me of a game I use 
to play as a child where we connected the dots.


I often wonder how long it took them to scratch or hit 
each place to remove the color and make an image.
The image below was destroyed a little by the 
large area where the rock chipped off.

 

No comments: