Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gotta Love a New Snow Storm

I love going out in the morning after a fresh snow storm, not to shovel the snow, but to take pictures of how it is hanging on things in my yard.

For instance: These two pictures (above and below this sentence) shows how the snow has started to droop in the middle while hanging onto the outside of the monkey bars of our swing set. I would love to see one of my grandchildren try to cross them with that snow hanging there.


Then the rings were really quite fun. The weather was cold enough to keep the snow from melting too fast but it was still melting.

The apples that we did not get picked (got tired after several boxes full) and the leaves made for some different types of images as well.


I don't understand why the city doesn't take down the shade netting from the ball diamond stands in the park near our home. Eventually the snow this winter will pull them totally to the cement if it does what it has done for the last three years now.


This little horse chestnut tree has a shell still hanging on after the nut had fallen out. It reminded me of a Venus Fly Trap.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

I agree whole heartedly. Just wish I could get some of that down here.

Brittany said...

and i wish i could get some of that sunshine back... i'm NOT ready for snow yet!