Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Birds

I love to watch birds and to photograph them as well. It is not always easy as many birds are a bit shy about staying put when a large thing gets pointed at them or a person seems to be trying to get closer and closer to them. But it is fun and they are so beautiful.


I have even tried to imagine at time what it must feel like to live in a tree in a small nest especially when a wind storm comes up. If I were to like roller coaster rides I suppose it wouldn't be so bad but I don't.


And then to be able to hang onto one of those small round wires stretched across the land and not fall off. I guess this wire happens to be about the rght size for this morning dove's feet but not all birds would fit that well.


I have a covey of quail that live near our yard in the fields and it was fund to watch them as well. At one point there were 14 of them all in one little group running and flying around the yard.




With the sun just right it is easy to see the brilliant colors that some of the birds display. 
They are so pretty.

No comments: