Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Practice Helps so does Experimenting

I discovered something today that I had never tried before and I think I never tried it because of some of the remnants of my past film shooting days. I have always used single shooting mode when trying to do pan shots. Today I went into continuous mode and as I took the nine exposures it was much more natural to follow the action as I was panning. These first three images were some of the results and I think I will shoot this way from now on. Of course in the film days eating up that many frames just wasn't a good idea but with digital the only reason not do it that way was if you were stuck on processing everyone of them. I am slowly learning how to be picky in the Raw files that I convert and that has been a major time saver.




Of course I had to get mom and dad in a couple of the shots that I was doing while they were here on vacation. I have taken a lot of the girls.



And this one is just fun because I happened on to a new place to frame a picture. The swing set worked pretty good, however I'll you be the judge since I am a bit biased.

No comments: