Friday, December 12, 2008

"The Perfect Timing Takes Practice" ( "TPTTP of photography.

OK I used to think that TPTTP of photography would be easy and it is if you can set your camera on multiple exposure but if you are using a studio flash system that requires 5 to 6 seconds to refresh you get only one shot at a time or one shot per jump. I think after 3 years of lots of practice I am finally getting my timing down a little bit. So my challenge to you is to start to practice taking jumping pictures on just one person. Tomorrow I'll show some with two people.It does take practice because yo only have a split second to get the shot when they are in the air. I find myself having to push the shutter a half a pulse before I want to and then I get the shot pretty good.

Lay down on the floor and shoot up for the illusion that the person is really jumping high.

Yes this one was actually two of us timing it perfectly. I can't jump, cross my legs and pull that kind of a pose in a split second in the air so that I won't break a lot of my body parts on the way down but he sure did it well.


These are a lot of fun but it hasn't been easy to get the right timing. It does take practice.

No comments: