Sunday, December 7, 2008

A look at the Moon

Our eyes are so amazing. We can look into the night sky and see the moon and the trees through which we are seeing it. Then we take a camera to capture a moment and the moon just becomes a big white blob or the trees disappear. So I decided to try an HDR merge on it in photoshop and took my tripod, shot a sequence of 4 bracketed images and then let photoshop do an HDR version. The very first try looked really great but I failed to save it and somehow on the second and following tries it didn't work nearly as well but the following images show the 4 images from which the final image was derived. Looks like I have some more experimenting. (I was amazed at how fast the moon really travels across the night sky.(4 shots on a tripod with the camera set on timed delay so it wouldn't open the shutter until the camera was still and it moved quite some distance in the course of those shots. A little harder to do a true HDR merge.)



No comments: