Monday, September 22, 2008

A light trip

More from my Saturday morning trip, specifically the light part of it as I was looking for the light coming from anything, anywhere. I had decided to try and capture significant amounts of light so that I could create the star effect in my images with a star filter attached to the lens.

Since the sun had just appeared over the mountain it came at such an angle to the camera that I was able to capture very significant star shapes. I started with the first thing that caught my eye, a clothespin on the clothesline.


Then just beyond that was the fence shimmering in the morning sun with each horizontal wire adding it's own portion to the image.


Followed by a glimpse toward the sun I could see the rays being split into small narrow streams by the needles of the long needle pine tree.


Finally beyond them all was the neighbors fence around the water tap in his pasture.

Each had their own beauty and each a part of the other by how they reflected the light toward the camera and into the lens to form the beautiful images.  I am always amazed by the creations of our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, the closer you look at them the more spectacular and intricately beautiful they become.

No comments: