Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wedding image fun

Sometimes it is just fun to see what can be made from a couple of pictures or what can be done to other pictures. That is what I have put here today. 

My wife and I always go to the weddings together and really enjoy it. I am able to concentrate more on the camera and the settings while she concentrates on the wedding party and the couple and how they look and everything else that goes into getting them just right. We also love to have fun with the couple and do crazy things so that they are at ease and having fun as well since the stress of the day will usually block everything from their memory later anyway. So below is one of the shots we always like to take and of course it is to show who the boss will really be in most situations, just kidding of course, but it is always fun to see their reaction to the picture when all they could see was straight ahead and not what the other ones was doing and not realizing in the photo they would be face to face rather then 10 to 15 yards apart.
Yesterday though I decided for the first time to take and separate them from the background and put them into an entirely different one. It would make it look even more like she was actually holding him in her palm.
I didn't like the first one since it was too busy and way not realistic, as though any others might be more real.
So I tried just a solid white background, (not shown), but the bride blended in too much just as the groom blended into the black background here. So that is when I went to my images from my Oregon vacation earlier this summer and after looking at several possibilities decided on this one. It almost works even though the lighting is a little too rich on them compared to the actual image and there is an obvious "two light source" situation  but it is still fun. The reaction from my wife was, "but we were not at the beach" and I simply said "no we weren't" but I am sure the couple wishes they had been.
The rest of these images are just some others that I had taken of them in the course of the bridals and the reception. They were a fun couple to work with and her theme with the fairies made it a lot of fun as well since I had some more things to play with in photoshop. I have a couple of ideas there also but that will have to come later.


No comments: