Friday, July 18, 2008

Sunsets are fun

OK so the most fun I had in Oregon was taking pictures and part of that fun was on the ocean each night as the sun set into the water. You see in Utah it melts into mountains so watching it sink into the ocean was a neat change to that sunset watching activity that I so enjoy. Then when I have a fence or other water to also reflect the sunlight it is even more enjoyable and up here in Utah I don't usually have that luxury. There are some variations in my camera settings as I sometimes will stop down my aperture and shutter to allow less light to hit the sensor making it appear a little more dark than it might actually be at that time but it enhances the colors so I love to bracket (try several settings in succession) and just see what I get. Then add a few birds to the foreground and it really makes it fun.






No comments: