Monday, June 16, 2008

A journey started Sept 13, 2006

Last year on Sept 13 I started a good morning email blast to some of my co-workers. Now several months later the list includes family members, former co-workers as well as the co-workers that I originally started to send images to each morning. It was an effort to help them get started on a beautiful note so that the pressures of the job might be taken a little easier during the day. When I started it I didn't realize how fun it would be or even to some extent how hard it might become. Not hard in that it is difficult to do or not fun to do but hard in remembering what I had sent and not repeating images. I have I found myself now more than ever before doing the time outs during photo shoots just to capture possible images to keep the good morning greeting fresh and new. I have found it fun to see what people enjoy in the images such as a little spot of blue color in one that was a little bit of sky showing through the image of a squirrel. One person loves the flowers while other like old barns or desert scenes and others like the animals. I have discovered that my desire from childhood to capture all that I could of nature on film has made it possible for me to bring happiness to a lot of different people with a lot of different likes and passions. Below are some of the first images that I sent and even though the list of people I send to now exceeds 40 I know many of them never got to see these images. 
(Currently the top two images are loading kind of strangely so just know they are not what was sent and that as soon as I can figure out why they are loading that way and I can get them to load correctly I'll add them to this blog. Even now though they make for a fairly interesting image.)





No comments: