Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lightning Fun

Here is a photo that I put together in photoshop a couple of years ago. I had taken a number of pictures of a lightning storm out of my back door and decided that I wanted to add a little flavor to one of them. So I searched through my vast supply of American Flag images and came up with one I had taken at a youth conference in the middle of the day. ( I love taking images of the flag in all kinds of situations and maybe one of these days I will put a few of my favorites on the blog.
I wish I had known then more about masks in photoshop and this image would have been a lot easier to creat but as it was I figure it turned out OK. I had to adjust the lighting on the flag to make it appear that there was a light shining on it through the night and I am sure there are a lot of other things that I could have done but, hey, you gotta learn sometime. The moral of this story is: don't give up before you begin. Maybe things don't look so good when you are first learning but do it anyway and your ability to make things happen that do look good will steadily increase. Most of all just have fun doing it and let your creative mind do a bit of wandering through unfamiliar territories.

2 comments:

Lil said...

Wow, Kent, that is beautiful! I love coming on and looking at all of your pictures. You do amazing work!

Clair said...

That's a cool picture. Amazing what you guys can do with cameras and computors.