Saturday, December 4, 2021

Goblin Valley State Park--West-end

I was first of the opinion that once you 
had seen a few of the HooDoos then
why spend the time to look for anymore.
I feel most visitors to the park
probably have this same feeling.
Well the photographer in me would not
let me stop at just the Easy end of the park.
That was why we hiked to see the Goblin's Lair 
even though we only made it to the 
Goblette's Lair. 
Then when we got back and climbed up 
through the Carmel Canyon we decided 
to go to the West end of the park.


 We even found water at the West End.



 And little groups of HooDoos
that were not visible from anywhere
else except the sky.
 




Of course a lot of it still looked the same as 
the East end but the sheer number
of additional structures was facinating to me. 







I have a hard time imagining the force of the water
 that might have passed through here all at once 
and carved the initial HooDoo's from the sand and rock.
 And since that time additional rain and snow 
has continued to create this magnificent 
area of southern utah.


Also why were some areas of the lake bottom 
sand solidified into rocks of various shapes
and sizes? I know scientists say it was erosion
over millions of years but I think it could easily have 
happens over a few hours and minutes initially and
then the rain and snow storms continued the work.













Could it have been possible for the water to have
drained off this area a little slower?
 leaving a little more ground around the hardened rock?




























 

No comments: