Sunday, June 29, 2014

Wild animals in and near Granddaddy Basin

 These first two deer were seen near Wolf Creek Pass 
(between Francis and Hanna Utah)






We spotted this one within a few hundred yards of the pass into the basin.




This squirrel was having an early lunch of pine cone. 
I don't think he even cared that I was within just a few 
feet of his eating establishment.



This one was shy and always kept some branches between it and the camera.

The sound of wood peckers could be heard for many yards 
through the forest. I only actually saw two of them but
heard them many times.




I think they were all pulling in a different direction 
and to make matters worse it was in a little bowl of sand.

These two were near Defa's ranch


This is the stone face that I first saw in my youth,
Since that time someone has added
 the likeness of a smoke to the scene,


No comments: