Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Family Photo Fun

When doing any kind of pictures for families I like to try and add some back lit shot. People don't expect them but when they see them they become pretty excited. Here are a few that I did at my last family photo shoot. I really liked how these turned out mainly because the fence and the theme they had chosen with their hats seemed so perfect a fit for both.



This is another one of the images with variations of sepia toning and black and white renditions. It is always fun to play around in photoshop while completing the shoot and just see what you can come up with. I then give them to the family as well when I give them the cd of all of the images.

Sepia version


B & W version


Here we have just the sons in the picture and this time the youngest one borrowed dad's hat for the shot. Again I included a black and white version.

As I was shooting this I decided to add just a sparkle of the sun coming past the boot. I think it added just a little to the shot since it didn't dominate the scene.

Note:
Next time you go out with your camera try a few shots looking into the sun but not letting it come directly into your lens since it could cause damage to your eye and possibly the camera. 
Safety First and great results last.

No comments: