Sunday, August 7, 2011

Missed 40th High School graduation reunion

I tried to post a story on facebook on my high school reunion page but was apparently too long winded and it would't post so I decided to put it here instead and then if my classmates are interested they can see the post I would have put there.

"I wish that I could have been to the reunion but glad to hear it went well. I was also glad to hear that Wayne made it since I had talked to him about it when we were in Duchesne for Roy's (Stan and Nadine's son) reception. I would have probably faired better had I been to the reunion since we had a very stressful wedding experience. My flash unit cracked or exploded or whatever but ceased to work just 15 minutes before the ring ceremony was to take place. It had worked all during the pictures at the temple and then for 100 or so at the reception before the Official ring exchange and then it blew. Marie , who goes with me on all of these things, quickly contacted my oldest son in PG and went to get a flash unit from his wife who also does photography. I then took my back up camera since I couldn't get the first camera to work with the on camera flash and used the second one with the on camera flash. It worked well and the ring ceremony was well past by the time Marie was able to get back with the flash until that didn't work on my camera either. Later when I talked to my daughter-in-law she admitted that she had never tried it on her camera either which is about like mine so I would bet it won't work for her either. Anyway it was stressful but thanks to my training from the yearbook staff of Duchesne High School I had a second camera and was able to complete the job. (932 images ) This was made a little more stressful in that the groom was from California and the Bride from Vermont and the first time I ever met them was as they came out of the temple. I was referred to them by a friend who she worked with here last year as an intern teaching 6th grade.

Sorry if I have bored you with this long post so I am just making it longer.
Miss all of you."

Kent

No comments: