Sunday, November 15, 2009

Family Pictures in a field

Recently a young wife of one of my former Boy Scouts called and asked me to do their family pictures. We hadn't determined a place to do it until I called that morning and she suggested doing it in a field behind their house. I didn't know what to expect until I got over there but it didn't take long to survey the field and realize it would be a great place to take family pictures. Here are some of the results.

I knew that I wanted to capture the color of the golden grass but even with a fill flash the background easily blew out when I tried to get good lighting on the faces of each child. I decided to let photoshop help and worked on just getting a good exposure that I could work with and then in photoshop exposed the picture for the grass and with the new adjustment tool in CS4 Bridge brought the needed light back into the faces. Needless to say it was a lot of fun doing this photoshoot.






2 comments:

Leesa said...

Those pictures turned out so beautifully. That was a lucky family to have you doing the shooting.

micka Perry said...

loved them ... time for some new ones! i'm calling you soon ! thank you. micka perry