Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Look Closely

OK so Baden Powell, the founder of scouting , said that if you are to be a good scout you have to be the first in the group to notice something new or different. Well I have been in scouting practicing that little thing for many years but must admit that sometimes things do just flat out get past me. I mean here I am out for a walk on Saturday on a street where I have walked at least 30 times before and I notice for the first time these three manhole covers, well I have actually noticed them but never really looked at them. They were no more than 12 feet from each other and this is the first time that I read their titles. Now I am going to be reading manhole covers every time I go over one, provided I can see them quick enough.

1 comment:

Leesa said...

Looks like water flows in a variety of capacities in your little city.