Friday, August 29, 2008

Canon Beach Oregon

Our official first day of the reunion took us to Canon Beach to go out and see the sea life on the rocks at low tide. I think most of the families were expecting a sunny warm beach but in June it was still pretty cold. I have now been there three times and could go several more since it seems to be so different each time. The first time I went in late June of 2006 it was pretty nice out on the beach, and the second time in Dec of 07 it was bitter cold while this time was not too cold but not a "wear a light shirt" type weather either. There were statements made that there wasn't a lot of sea life out this time but I found plenty and enjoyed just thinking about the magnificence of the rocks and all of the creatures that live on them. I was also again intrigued by the lighthouse on one of them far in the distance and could only wonder what tales could be told about what had happened in history during the time that is has stood there some distance out at sea on that lone rock of considerable size. Here are a few of the images I took of those rocks. I would love to be there at sunset sometime still as that would be a grand site.




No comments: