Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A visit to the Portland Rose Garden

On Sunday the 22nd Marie's family started to gather for a family reunion in Oregon. Those of us that were here decided to go to The Portland Rose Garden late that afternoon since I had been there before and was anxious to see the garden a little earlier in the season. The last time it seemed that most of the roses were past the good blooming stages when we visited. I was well rewarded and took around 250 pictures but could have spent the entire day there and still not seen or even photographed a part of what was there. But for the hour or so that I did get to photograph here are a few of the images.


I loved this last one since it looked like a bird. I was looking at it from several angles when I noticed this angle and just had to capture it.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I wanted to leave a comment about that pic on the Pigeon but the comment page won't open up for me there, so I'll do it here. That flower reminds me of the picture of a parrot flower from Thailand that has been circulating the internet. It is really beautiful. I hope you guys are having a good time. Love ya.